July 11, 2014
VMI is accepting applications for two (2) full-time custodial workers.
• Maintain, within assigned area on Post, a high standard of cleanliness through daily cleaning and disinfecting all assigned restrooms, to include weekly scrubbing with mechanical and manual equipment.
• Remove trash and debris from all assigned areas, frequently lift up to 50 lbs and occasionally move heavy furniture.
• Ensure all assigned floors are kept clean and free of debris.
• Be able to work in various weather conditions.
• Flexibility to adjust schedule and/or work in an overtime status to support evening and weekend Post events.
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
• Knowledge of cleaning methods and use of cleaning chemicals, equipment and supplies
• Knowledge of safety practices related to the work
• Working skill in the operation of manual and power cleaning equipment to include buffers, wet-dry vacuums, shampooers, and pressure washers
• Ability to perform a variety of cleaning tasks
• Ability to tolerate contact with a variety of cleaning products and solutions
• Ability to lift/move heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to perform manual labor
• Ability to read and write the English language and to understand and follow oral/written instructions
• Ability to work in either a team or individual environment
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid VA driver’s license
• Successful candidate must pass a criminal background check
Starting salary is $17,680.
To apply, send completed State application form to Human Resources, Virginia Military Institute, 305 Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA 24450-0304.
Applications are accepted until 5pm on July 25, 2014.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability.