February 10, 2015
VMI is accepting applications for a full-time Grounds Worker.
• Perform day-to-day work schedule with a grounds crew as needed.
• Maintain a variety of planting, landscaped areas and tasks that include but are not limited to mowing, trimming and pruning, special event set up and tear down, furniture and equipment moving, minor equipment maintenance, grounds care and maintenance, landscape installation, snow and ice removal, and applying nutrients
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks, mowers, tractors, front-end loader mowers, snowplows and other equipment related to preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Respond to emergency situations as required and directed
• Maintain planting and fertilization records.
• Have the ability to work overtime and weekends to support VMI functions.
• Uphold the established appearance and conduct standards to ensure the Physical Plant organization is represented to the highest level and respected in the VMI community.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Working knowledge of methods and general procedures of applicable trade or grounds maintenance techniques.
• Working skill in the use of equipment and tools.
• Ability to be available for stand-by and after hours duty
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to perform manual labor.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Basic Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Megamations)
Starting salary will be $17,680
Apply online at: https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=202994
or send completed State application form to Human Resources, Virginia Military Institute, 305 Letcher Avenue, Lexington, VA 24450-0304.
Applications are accepted until position is filled.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability.