Make VMI part of your fall football plans.
Please respect our fans. All VMI game day events are alcohol free.
Tickets can be purchased online at vmitickets.com and Will Call tickets may be picked-up beginning at 9am in Cameron Hall. Gates open at 12:30 pm. Kick-off is at 1:30.
Parades by the Corps of Cadets begin at 10:30 a.m. Guests enjoy a morning of tailgating, getting to know friends of their cadet, and catching up with other parents. Please, do not allow alcohol in the midst of this experience. Games begin promptly at 1:30 p.m. following a full Corps opening march-on ceremony.
Fan Parking: Parking on Post during game days will start no earlier than 7:30 a.m. to ensure the safety of our visitors and parking attendants. This includes Parade Ground parking and parking in parking lots. No overnight parking is permitted.
ENTERING TRAFFIC UPDATE: Signage will direct fans to the Jordan’s Point entrance to VMI. This is the primary entrance to on-post parking areas. The only vehicles that will be allowed through the Letcher Avenue entrance will be those of VMI employees, Keydet Club Leadership members, Institute Society members, and designated members of the Parents Council setting up official Parents Council events. After 11:30 a.m., fans coming for the game may use either the Jordan’s Point or the Letcher Avenue entrances.
Items That Cannot Be Taken into the Stadium – The following items cannot be taken into the stadium. You will not be allowed to enter the stadium with these items in your possession:
- Alcoholic Beverages
All other items are subject to search.
RV Parking: RV parking is not permitted on Post.
Remote Parking: Off-post parking for fans this year will be at the city's Roy Smith parking lot near the courthouse at 134 South Randolph Street, Lexington Virginia 24450 (GPS Coordinates: 37.7834309, -79.44237290000001).
It is below the Nelson St. Bridge and can be entered from the top, near Blue Lab Brewing, or from the street that goes by Lexington Carriage Rides. Shuttle service will run continuously between the parking lot and Cameron Hall from 9 a.m. to after the end of the game.
On Post Shuttle Service – An on-post shuttle service will run continuously from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pick up locations are Moody Hall, JM Hall, Crozet Hall, and Cameron Hall. During the football game, shuttles will be positioned at Cameron Hall to transport spectators from the stadium back to the parade ground area.
City of Lexington Parking: The City of Lexington has stepped up to support VMI’s game day weekends by allowing us to use available parking within a short distance from VMI. The two hour limit on signage does not apply on weekends. No parking is permitted on Diamond and Randolph Streets as it is Permit (resident) Parking Only and violators could be ticketed.
- Courthouse parking deck and Randolph Street Parking Lot: More than 150 free parking spaces are available in these two lots that are located on Varner Lane across from the Lexington Visitors Center and just a short walk from Post and Foster Stadium. For directions, use Varner Lane, Lexington, VA when you google.
PARADE GROUND PARKING AND TAILGATING:
- Alcohol Policy: Employees, cadets, visitors, and other persons, regardless of age, are not allowed to consume or possess alcohol on-Post, including events such as tailgating and locations such as, but not limited to alumni Memorial Field, Foster Stadium, Gray-Minor Stadium, and other locales involving Institute athletic events.
- Pets Policy: Pets are not allowed on Post.
- Weapons Policy: Weapons are not allowed on Post.
- Cost: The cost to park on the Parade Ground is $10. Please have money ready for attendants to keep traffic moving. Attendents will have the ability to make change.
- Parking on the Parade Ground is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking attendants will not allow spaces to be held for others. If you want to tailgate next to friends or family, please follow each other onto the Parade Ground.
- Please follow all directions when parking. We have an established plan that allows approximately 375 vehicles to park on the Parade Ground.
- Once you have entered the Parade Ground, you are not allowed to leave and return. If you choose to depart from the Parade Ground, please take all your personal items with you. Your space will not be held open.
- Only propane cooking equipment is allowed. All grills must be secured and TURNED OFF if left unattended.
- Trailer mounted grills and smokers are not allowed on the parade ground
- Activities that put others at risk are prohibited.
- Please secure all personal items when left unattended.
- TAILGATING with tents is permitted only on the Parade Ground.
- Tailgaters are responsible for separating their recycling from their garbage. We ask that recycling be placed in a clear bag and garbage be placed in a garbage bag and tied closed to avoid spilling. Trash and recycling cans are provided on the Parade Ground and are emptied during the football game.
- Tailgating tents with maximum dimensions of 10’ x 10’ are allowed. Any tents exceeding these measurements will be removed.
- The Parade Ground will close at 6:00 p.m. except on Parents Weekend when it will close at 7 p.m. Any vehicles remaining on the Parade Ground will be subject to towing.
- To avoid damage to yours and others personal property, all tailgating items need to be properly secured when you leave the area, i.e. tents staked in the ground, chairs stored, grills turned off, etc.