Virginia Military Institute considers its financial aid program as an investment in cadets and their futures. The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping determine the best options to pay for education. We work to find solutions to provide assistance to cadets who without such aid would be
unable to attend and to provide aid to cadets with superior academic abilities.
We are here to help find the best solution for you, your situation, and your needs. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can always contact us for assistance.
Online Net Price Calculator
Award Letters Online
Award letters can be viewed online through Post View. You are given a Post View account when you apply for admission. Prospective and current cadets are sent email notification when awarded and are directed to review their award letter and accept or reject student loans, all in Post View.
All Direct Loan or PLUS Loan borrowers must:
- Submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the academic year in which they wish to apply for a loan
- First-time Direct Loan borrowers complete loan entrance counseling at https://www.studentloans.gov
- Submit/sign an electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) at https://www.studentloans.gov
Keep your PIN in a safe location as it is used to:
- Electronically sign your FAFSA (current and future years)
- Access/submit your loan entrance counseling record, and
- Electronically sign your Master Promissory Note (eMPN)
Entrance Counseling and eMPN Instructions - This site provides the borrower with information regard what is needed in order to complete entrance counseling and submit their respective eMPN (Direct or PLUS Loan)