2013-01-25, 0800 hours - Upgrade to Cadet Email
30 January - Update: If you are aware of any cadet who is unable to access his/her email on the Office 365 site, please pass this information along to them.
Please make sure you are using the username and password that was emailed to you on January 24, 2013. (Your username is your full email address and your password is VMi followed by your 7-digit Colleague ID number.)
Email address: email@example.com
Password: VMi0123456 (Note the upper and lower case letters followed by
numbers beginning with zero and not the letter “o”.)
If you use any email apps (including Outlook) on your computer, tablet, or mobile phone, you MUST update your password to match your new Office 365 password.
If you are still unable to login to your VMI email, please take your photo ID to the Barracks Help Desk so your password can be reset if necessary.
The Microsoft email platform on which VMIconnect resides is being upgraded to Office 365 on Monday, January 28, 2013 (specific time to be announced in upcoming email). Your email will be moved to Office 365, but your SkyDrive data will remain on your Live@edu account.
Cadet passwords for VMI email and MS SkyDrive will be RESET on Monday, January 28, 2013. THIS WILL NOT AFFECT CADET VMI NETWORK PASSWORDS.
The new password for both sites will be emailed to cadets. *Note the upper and lower case letters followed by numbers beginning with “zero” and not the letter “o”.
Cadet usernames will not change.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CADET EMAIL:
- Go to http://vmiconnect.vmi.edu or http://www.outlook.com/mail.vmi.edu (IT suggests that cadets bookmark these links).
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password. Cadets will be forced to change their password.
- If any email apps (including Outlook) are used on a cadet computer, tablet, or mobile phone, the password MUST updated to match the new Office 365 password.
HOW TO ACCESS YOUR CADET SKYDRIVE:
- Go to http://skydrive.com (IT suggests that cadets bookmark this link).
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password. Cadets will not be forced to change your password for SkyDrive; however, it is strongly recommend that you do so to ensure the security of your account.
NOTE: VMI no longer administers this SkyDrive account. As a result, passwords cannot be reset should users be unable to login. If cadets need this account password reset, they will need to go to: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx
Please direct any questions or needs of assistance to the Barracks Help Desk or call 540-464-7888.
Cadets can also visit the FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions and additional information regarding the upgrade.