VMI in conjunction with the Chung Cheng Institute of Technology offers a summer program in Taiwan.
Dates: May 19 - May 30, 2014
Cost: CCIT will provide cost free tuition, room, and board. The only
cost to the cadet is roundtrip airfare to Taipei, Taiwan.
Any current VMI cadet in good standing is eligible to apply. Applications must be received no later than 31 January 2014.
Cadets may choose three 1 credit courses from among the six offered.
These course will be taught in English and no prior knowledge of the
Chinese language is required.
- Nano-materials fabrication and their application
- Information Security Technology
- An Introduction to Dynamics and Engine Systems of Ground Vehicles
- A Study on Wire Electrical Discharge Machining (WEDM) method
- Atmospheric Science
- Control and Automation Technology
Room and Board
will be living with CCIT cadets in their barracks. Cadets will wear the
class uniform. They will be able to participate in physical training
and other aspects of daily life at CCIT.
Cadets are exposed to
many aspects of Taiwanes culture. Excursions in the past have included
trips to Taipei, Longshaun Temple, Taipei 101, the Shi-lin Night Market,
and Sun Moon Lake.