Student Research in Chemistry
Nearly all chemistry majors participate in research projects at some point in their undergraduate careers. The faculty feels strongly that an undergraduate research experience is the best way to prepare today’s graduates and foster an enthusiasm for science and life long learning.
Students work on real research under the direction of faculty and their work often produces journal articles in peer-reviewed publications.
- Chemical Ecology of Ants
- Color Chemistry of Rhododendrons
- Drug Treatments for Eye Disease
- Glass Chemistry
- Natural Product Synthesis
- NMR Spectroscopy of Dynamic Polymer Systems
- Synthesis of Luminescent Inorganic Compounds