2015 Summer Session Fees
NOTICE: The rates listed below are subject to Board of Visitors final approval at their upcoming meeting in May 2015. Tuition and fees are based upon appropriations by the General Assembly. These appropriations are subject to state revenue collections and may be reduced or increased by the Governor. The VMI Board of Visitors consequently reserves the right to adjust tuition and fees any time during the year. Students shall be dismissed from the Summer Session (and, in the case of cadets, from the Institute) for failure to pay tuition and fees or any other financial obligation to the Institute as required. In addition, the Institute reserves the right to hold grades, credits, transcripts, and diplomas until all financial obligations to the Institute have been satisfied.
- All fees for the first session must be paid by 3:00 p.m. on May 15, 2015.
- All fees for the second session must be paid by 3:00 p.m. on June 19, 2015.
VMI will not bill parents or students. VMI accepts payment for Summer Session tuition and fees by cash, check, Echeck, or credit card (MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express only). If a credit card is used a 2.25% convenience fee will be assessed.
SUMMER SESSION TUITION (per session)
- In-State Tuition: $318 per credit hour
- Out-of-State Tuition: $994 per credit hour
- Late Registration Fee: $70
ROOM & BOARD PLANS (per session)
- Room & Board, 5 Meal Plan (lunch, Mon-Fri): $915
- Room & Board, 10 Meal Plan (lunch/dinner Mon-Fri): $1,180
- *Room & Board, 15 Meal Plan (breakfast/lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri): $1,340
MEAL PLAN ONLY (per session)
- 5 Meal Plan (lunch, Mon-Fri): $290
- 10 Meal Plan (lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri): $555
- *15 Meal Plan (breakfast/lunch/dinner, Mon-Fri): $715
OTHER FEES (per session)
- **Auxiliary Fee: $67
- ***Barracks Security Deposit (refundable): $100
- On-post Parking Fee: $40
*Offered only if 25 or more students enroll in the 15 meals per week plan.
**The auxiliary fee covers medical services and use of athletic facilities.
***The barracks security deposit shall be refunded without interest, less any amount for fines or damages, at the end of the session to all non-VMI cadets. VMI cadet deposits from the regular session will apply to the summer session and are refundable upon graduation or termination of the cadetship.
In accordance with the Senior Citizens Higher Education Act of 1974, qualifying senior citizens are not required to pay tuition.