- Recruitment Policy - General Order 15
- Criminal History Investigation - General Order 48
- Employment Policy - General Order 34
- Volunteer Policy - General Order 51
- Employee Discrimination - General Order 52
- Security Awareness Policy - General Order 27
- Alcohol/Controlled Substances - General Order 2
- Tobacco Use Policy - General Order 45
- Sexual Harassment Policy - General Order 16
- Telework/Telecommuting - General Order 59
- Motor Vehicle Policy - General Order 24
- Mobile Phone Issuance/Usage - General Order 26
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Supplements & Stipends - General Order 57
Absence From Work
- Emergency Closings Policy - General Order 62
Performance Management & Recognition
- Administrative & Professional Faculty Evaluation Program - General Order 69
- Rank & Promotion Policy - General Order 37
- Awards Policy - General Order 28
Other Programs & Services
- Personnel Clearance Procedures - General Order 35
Inclement Weather Policy
When weather conditions or other emergencies present problems, announcements will be sent to employees via the VMI Mass Notification System.
The announcement will also be on the Human Resources voice mail message (464-7322) and VMI website. Late opening announcements are typically announced no later than 6:00 a.m.
The academic schedule is normally not affected by the late opening or early closing of administrative offices. In the rare instances when the State Police and the Department of Transportation advise drivers to stay off the roads due to severe weather conditions, VMI's closing announcement will include information about changes in the academic schedule.
Classified employees in designated positions are expected to report to work at the beginning of their regular work shifts unless otherwise advised by their supervisors.
If you have questions about VMI's Inclement Weather Policy contact Human Resources (ext. 7322).