Your VMI ID card, available from the Human Resources Department, serves as a library card.
- Books and bound serials may be borrowed for an entire academic year and are due in April.
- Audio-visual materials may be borrowed for one week.
- Materials from our Recreational Reading Collection may be borrowed for two weeks.
- Current periodicals do not circulate, but we have a photocopy machine available, and copies are free for faculty. Faculty may also make free copies from micro-film and –fiche printers.
- Books and bound serials must be physically returned to the library each April but may be borrowed again for another academic year.
- AV and Recreational Reading materials may be renewed by phone (464-7129), in person (no need to bring the items with you), at My Library, or by replying to an e-mail overdue notice.
- My Library allows you to view your library record, renew items, place holds, and update your contact information.
- To log in, enter your VMI network username and password.
Other Useful Information
- If another patron requests the use of an item you have checked out, that item will be recalled. We appreciate your cooperation in returning recalled materials.
- Circulation staff will be happy to search for any item that is not found in its correct location.
- VMI faculty enjoy faculty borrowing privileges at the W&L libraries. Simply take your VMI ID card when you visit to set up an account.