Communications & Marketing Specialist
July 10, 2014
The Virginia Military Institute Center for Leadership and Ethics is accepting on-line applications for a full-time Communications & Marketing Specialist. Working under the supervision of the Deputy Director of the Center for Leadership and Ethics, the Communications & Marketing Specialist will be responsible for managing the development and implementation of the Center’s strategic communications as well as marketing plans for associated academic conferences. Specific responsibilities to include:
• Writing and editing for print, digital and multimedia materials, with a strong emphasis on copywriting for conference marketing collateral.
• Managing and growing the Center’s website and social media platforms (currently Facebook, Twitter, Fora.tv, Flickr).
• Designing digital marketing campaigns with email and social media marketing components.
• Supervising the creation of multimedia marketing materials, and working with designers, printers, photographers and videographers.
• Overseeing Center press outreach and media relations, and managing on-site press coverage.
• Strategizing targeted growth of print and email distribution lists for Center events and conferences.
• Ensuring VMI brand consistency across Center materials, as well as compliance with all Institute communications standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a combination of related college coursework and communications and marketing experience.
• Previous experience in communications or marketing roles, experience working in an educational environment preferred;
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to work to multiple deadlines with competing priorities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and work effectively with a variety of constituencies;
• Proven ability to design print and digital marketing campaigns with emphasis on growing targeted distribution lists;
• Proven ability to write and edit a wide range of materials including press releases, news articles and features, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, web content and more;
• Working knowledge of web page design and experience with social media and digital marketing;
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.), some graphic design experience preferred.
This is a full-time, 12-month position with a generous benefits package. Competitive starting annual salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Apply on-line at: https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov/applicants/Central?quickFind=191961
Candidates should include a cover letter, resume and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references. On-line applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply.