Center for Leadership & Ethics Upcoming Events
Academic Year 2015-2016: ‘Living in the Age of Machines’
As a more thematic approach is implemented, the 2015-16 academic year will see a few advancements in programming for the center, linking together the conferences, speaker series and programs going forward. Additionally, the Leadership Book Program, Gottwald Visiting Professor and Leader in Residence programs will help continue the center’s examination of leadership and ethical issues throughout the year. The overarching theme, “Living in the Age of Machines,” will explore all aspects of the impact of technology on society. Finally, cadet opportunities will be expanded with the formal addition of an ethics competition program. Stay in touch with all the events and programs as we announce them or provide more details throughout the year by following us on social media. Links to those accounts are found below our menu throughout our site. You may also join one of our email or mailing lists by contacting our Assistant Conference Coordinator, Mr. Derek Pinkham: pinkhamdj at vmi.edu.
- Oct. 6-7, 2015 - Hands-On STEM: Technology and Integrated Project Based Learning
- Oct. 26, 2015 - 2nd Class Lecture by Dr. Paul Hebert '68 Fall 2015 Floyd D. Gottwald Jr., '43 Visiting Professor of Leadership and Ethics
@ 11:05 - 12:15 p.m. in Gillis Theater of Marshall Hall
- Nov. 2, 2015 - Ray Kelly - H.B. Johnson Jr., '26 Distinguished Lecture Series Speaker
@ 11:05 - 12:15 p.m. in Gillis Theater of Marshall Hall - FREE and open to the public
- Dec. 11-12, 2015 - Biennial Seiziémistes of the Mid-Atlantic Conference
- Mar. 7-8, 2016 - 6th Annual Leadership Conference: ‘Ethical Dilemmas in the Digital Age’
- Apr. 5-7, 2016 - 27th Annual Environment Virginia Symposium: 'Virginia's Environment: Change, Challenge and Opportunity'
- Apr. 8-9, 2016 - Virginia State Science & Engineering Fair
- 30 Apr – 1 May - Virginia Humanities Conference "Survival of the Humanities in a Technological World"
- June 5-7, 2016 - "Inverse Problems" Applied Mathematics Conference