50th Anniversary of Ministry to the Corps
Sacred Assembly Celebration - January 23-25, 2015
An endowment established by the late John M. Camp, Jr ’40 in honor of his father, John M. Camp ’05, created the position of the Chaplain to the Corps of Cadets in the fall semester of 1964. Since that time three Chaplains, CH (CAPT) Robert Wilson, USN (Ret.), 1964 – 1979, CH (COL) Charles Caudill, USAF (Ret.), 1979-1994, and CH (COL) James Park, USAR (Ret.), 1994 to present, have served in this position.
In January 2014 an endowed gift given by Mr. Richard L. Goodall ’66 created a position for an Associate Chaplain to the Corps of Cadets. CH (Maj) John Casper ’04 was selected to fill that position. For fifty years the Corps of Cadets, its graduates and the VMI community have benefited from the caring, supportive, God-honoring service of Chaplains. A Sacred Assembly scheduled for January 23-25, 2015 will give occasion to celebrate this anniversary.
- The first-ever gathering uniting VMI Christian alumni from multiple classes
- Inspirational speakers who have preached the gospel to the Corps of Cadets
- Gifted musicians and recording artists who have had a heart for VMI
- Prayer and Intercession for the Corps of Cadets and the Institute
- Opportunities for fellowship, mentoring and networking among VMI graduates
- Small group sessions led by VMI graduates with ministry experience in missions, evangelism, church planting, military chaplaincy and discipleship.
Mark your calendar and plan to be part of this significant ministry event.
Hotel group rates available at:
Holiday Inn Express Lexington: 540.463.7351
Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge: 540.464.1500
More lodging information
CH (Maj) John Casper '04 – email@example.com
Mrs. Patricia Mountain – firstname.lastname@example.org