Visas and Passports

To study abroad, cadets must obtain a passport and student visa. Passport applications normally take 6-8 weeks to process and last for 10 years.  If you plan to study abroad, apply as soon as possible.  You must apply in person if you are applying for your first U.S. passport. 

You must have a passport before applying for a visa. 

Visa requirements vary from country to country.  For detailed visa requirements and embassy information visit the State Department or  

Some countries require visas for semester study abroad programs. Most countries do not require visas for summer abroad students. Check with your host country's consulate to confirm.