2014 Canceled Courses / Subject to Cancellation
Non-guaranteed courses will be taught only if they have sufficient enrollment. Normally 100-200 level courses with fewer than 10 students, and 300-400 level courses with fewer than 7 students will be canceled. In order to meet the needs of as many students as possible, courses will be canceled in accordance with the following procedure:
- On May 16th at 4 p.m. for the 1st session, and June 20th at 4 p.m. for the 2nd session, canceled courses and courses subject to cancellation will be posted on this web page and in the Summer Session Office located at 303 Shell Hall. Students can also call the Summer Session Office at (540) 464-7319 to check on the status of a course.
If late registrations and add/drop push enrollments of these courses to acceptable levels by 3:30 p.m. on the first day of classes they will be offered.
A student enrolled in a course that has been canceled who does not wish to add a course need do nothing further. The Student Accounting Office will credit your account or process a refund. Students who wish to add or change a course due to a cancellation may do so in the Summer Session Office, 303 Shell Hall. Students who have paid for room and board or registered a car and wish to drop out of the Summer Session should report to the Summer Session Office.
SUMMER SESSION II - CANCELED COURSES
Summer Session II Canceled Courses:
The following courses have been cancelled due to low enrollment.
- BU-220 Principles of Management
- BU-310 Business Finance
- BU-322 Human Resource Management
- BU-330 Management Information Systems
- BU-335 Web 2.0 for Business
- ERH-224W Genre Studies: Non-Fiction
- ERH-302W Civic Discourse
- HI-315 History of Everyday Life
- PE-105 Wellness Concepts
- PE-200 Drug and Alcohol Abuse Awareness
- PE-412 Weight Training
- PY-175 The Physics of Music
Tuition is refundable in part only upon official notice of withdrawal to the Director of the VMI Summer Session.
Tuition will be refunded in full prior to the end of the drop/add period. After the drop/add period, but prior to the 7th day of classes, 25% of tuition will be refunded. Tuition will not be refunded on or after the 7th day of classes. Charges for meals will be refunded on a pro rata basis. Parking fees are refundable only if registration is cancelled prior to the beginning of classes.
NOTICE: All fees for the first term must be paid by 3:00 p.m. on May 16th. All fees for the second term must be paid by 3:00 p.m. on June 20th. VMI will not bill parents or students. VMI accepts payment for Summer Session tuition and fees by cash, check, Echeck, or credit card (MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express only). If a credit card is used a 2.25% convenience fee will be assessed.