Non-guaranteed courses will be taught only if they have sufficient enrollment. Normally 100-200 level courses with fewer than 10 students, and 300-400 level courses with fewer than 7 students will be cancelled. In order to meet the needs of as many students as possible, courses will be cancelled in accordance with the following procedure:
- Cancelled courses and courses subject to cancellation will be posted on this web page and in the Summer Session Office located at 303 Shell Hall. Student enrolled in cancelled courses will be notified by email. Students can also call the Summer Session Office at (540) 464-7213 to check on the status of a course.
A student enrolled in a course that has been cancelled who does not wish to add a course need do nothing further. The Student Accounting Office will credit your account or process a refund. Students who wish to add or change a course due to a cancellation may do so in the Summer Session Office, 303 Shell Hall. Students who have paid for room and board or registered a car and wish to drop out of the Summer Session should report to the Summer Session Office.
The following 2nd session courses in the 2016 VMI summer session have been cancelled:
- BU-330 Management Information Systems
- BU-335 Web 2.0 for Business
- CE-307 Properties of Engineering Materials
- CE-321 Environmental Engineering
- CE-333 Transportation Engineering
- CH-112 Laboratory for CH-132
- CH-118 Laboratory for CH-138
- CH-132 Chemical Science II
- EC-304 Econometrics
- ERH-103 Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- IS-334X Politics of Central Asia
- ME-311 Thermodynamics I
- PE-300 Physical Conditioning
- PE-325 Understanding Sports Injuries
- PS-322 Psychological Assessment
Courses Subject to Cancellation:
The following courses are on the “bubble” and are subject to cancellation if current enrollments decline between now and the end of the drop/add period at 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 28th. If current enrollments hold they will be offered.
- BU-211 Managerial Accounting
- BU-230 Principles of Marketing
- CH-138 Intro. College Chemistry II
- ERH-224W Genre Studies: Non-Fiction
- HI-206 History of the United States II
- IS-336X Politics in China
- IS-471 Politics in the Middle East
Tuition is refundable in part only upon official notice of withdrawal to the Director of the VMI Summer Session. Tuition will be refunded in full prior to the end of the drop/add period. After the drop/add period, but prior to the 7th day of classes, 25% of tuition will be refunded. Tuition will not be refunded on or after the 7th day of classes. Charges for meals will be refunded on a pro rata basis. Parking fees are refundable only if registration is cancelled prior to the beginning of classes.
NOTICE: VMI will not bill parents or students. VMI accepts payment for Summer Session tuition and fees by cash, check, Echeck, or credit card (MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express only). If a credit card is used a 2.25% convenience fee will be assessed.