VMI provides equal opportunity to employees and applicants for employment.
All aspects of Human Resource management and employment practices will be conducted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or political affiliation (except where a bona fide occupational qualification regarding a particular position applies).
- Teaching Faculty Handbook
- Administrative/Professional Faculty Handbook
- Classified Employee Handbook
- Current employees can find more information at MyVMI.
VMI offers the following benefits for full-time employees. Please contact the VMI HR office if you have any questions concerning the information below.
Employer Provided Benefits
- Leave - Classified Employees
- Life Insurance
- Unemployment Compensation
- Workers Compensation
Optional Employee Benefits
- Cash Match Program
- CommonHealth Wellness Programs
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Reimbursement Accounts
- Health Care
- Optional Life Insurance
- State Deferred Compensation Plan 457
- Tax Sheltered Annuities
- Virginia Credit Union
We provide verbal and written verification of employment for current and former employees. Call (540) 464-7322 for verification or fax forms for written verification to (540) 464-7299.
- Notary Services when available for VMI official business (requires necessary identification)
- Compensation Management
- Employee Mediation
- Retirement Planning
- Understanding Social Security Retirement Benefits
- Understanding Medicare
- Understanding Your Health Plan Options at Retirement
VMI Substance Abuse Policies
- Employee State Policy
- Federal Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Administrative & Professional Faculty Handbook (Page 11)
- Teaching & Research Faculty Handbook
- Classified Employees (Page 8)
- VMI Alcohol Policy
On your first day of employment, you will visit Human Resources to submit employment, tax, and payroll forms. Bring the required identification document(s) necessary to complete the I-9 Employment Verification Eligibility form. The Human Resources Staff is on hand to answer any employment questions you may have.
Moving to Lexington
VMI is a public, four-year, undergraduate military college (1,200 students) located in the historic Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Lexington (population 7,000) also home to Washington & Lee University, offers a stimulating cultural atmosphere, a relaxed rural pace, and a diverse economic base to make life both pleasant and rewarding. The following websites provide information on Lexington and the surrounding area:
Whether you want to rent or own, there are a variety of real estate companies available to help make your transition to Lexington as smooth as possible. When selecting a new residence, be aware that many public utilities, such as sewer and water, are unavailable outside the city limits. Check with your realtor for further information. A directory of the real estate companies registered with the Lexington Rockbridge Chamber of Commerce.
We look forward to working with you!
Contact employer’s Human Resources office prior to making any commitments for moving expenses. The Human Resources Office shall assist the employee in making arrangements for reimbursement, or direct payment, of employee's expenses.
- American of Virginia, Inc.
G. Scott German, Vice President
Post Office Box 2068
Waynesboro, VA 22980
- Dunmar Moving Systems - Allied Van Lines
Dave Baker, National Account Manager
6501 Commonwealth Drive, SW
Roanoke, VA 24018
- Reads Moving Systems - Atlas Van Lines
Jim Hannon, Director Relocation Services
5851 Quality Way
Prince George, VA 23875
- Quality Moving Service
Vincent Tucker, President
Post Office Box 331
Chesterfield, VA 23832