Graduation at the Virginia Military Institute is an exciting time for cadets, family, faculty, staff, and the VMI community to celebrate the achievements of 1st class cadets as they complete their journey at the Institute. With ceremonies held for Commissioning and Commencement, Graduation celebrates the achievements and excellence of all aspects of a cadetship at VMI.
May 2022 Events
Please note, any changes to this schedule will be posted to this page if and when they become necessary, and will also be noted on the VMI homepage.
Friday, 13 May 2022
- 8:00 p.m. - Glee Club/Band Concert, Memorial Hall
Saturday, May 14, 2022
- 10 a.m. - Memorial Parade and Reading of Alumni Names, Parade Ground
- 2 p.m. - Cadet Change of Command/Graduation Parade, Parade Ground
- 3:30-5 p.m. - Superintendent’s Reception, Moody Hall Activities Room
- 7 p.m. - Baccalaureate, Memorial Hall
Sunday, May 15, 2022
Monday, May 16, 2022
- 8 a.m. - Post is open to parents and other visitors. No access to post prior to 8 a.m. will be permitted without a valid VMI identification card.
- 9:30 a.m. Cameron Hall open to the parents and guests.
- 11 a.m. - Commencement, Cameron Hall
- The ceremony will be simulcast on the Commencement Ceremony web page
VMI has implemented a clear bag policy for all major events which limits the size and types of bags that may be brought into Foster Stadium and Memorial Hall. Only clear tote bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12", or one-gallon plastic freezer bags. Small handheld clutch purses no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" will be permitted. Cameras and smartphones are permitted to be carried into VMI facilities.
Dining in Crozet Hall will be open to families and guests with the following fees and hours:
BRC $9.00 - 7:00 to 9:00 a.m.
DRC $10.00 - 11:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
SRC $11.00 - 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
This information is subject to change, check this site frequently for updated information. All activities occur at VMI.
No tailgating is permitted on post from 13 to 16 May.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets are not required for May Commissioning and Commencement. We do ask that families have no more than 10 guests.
Casual business attire is appropriate for all events.
Restrooms are located in Foster Stadium, Memorial Hall and Lejeune Hall (located at the end of Third Barracks.)
Graduation photos can be purchased from Candid Color Photography approximately ten days after graduation. Please visit their website at www.candidcolor.net. Please enter access code VMIG22.
You may also call 1-800-321-4256.