Custodians - (Part-time)
Posted Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Interested in working 15-30 hours per week? Do you have the ability to work well with students, staff, and the community?
Virginia Military Institute (VMI) Physical Plant is seeking punctual, reliable, and responsible individuals for custodial duties: day, evening and weekend schedules available.
- Experience dealing with people in a service-oriented way is a plus. Must be willing to work on a team but also be able to work independently.
- Typical duties include cleaning, disinfecting, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and trash removal for classrooms, offices, public spaces, and restrooms.
- Provide custodial support for events and athletic games. Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs is possible and occasional moving of furniture.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions.
Selectee will be required to wear a uniform and present a neat, professional appearance.
Training will be provided. Must be 18 years old. Hourly Wage: $13.50 per hour.
- Ability to work well with students, staff, and members of the public.
- 18 years of age.
- Good customer service skills
- Previous custodial experience
Criminal Background Check required for all successful candidates.
Candidates can complete an online application at: Part-time Custodian Job Application
or contact VMI Human Resources if you need a paper application at (540) 464-7322.
VMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, age, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply. VMI will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with documented disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment, educational opportunities, programs and services.