Civil Engineering is the oldest of the engineering professions and the broadest in scope. It is the parent of all other branches of engineering. The Civil Engineering curriculum at VMI includes a traditional array of courses that permit our graduates to pursue any of the specialty areas in Civil Engineering.
The Civil Engineering Program's educational objective is to produce graduates who:
- Use their broad-based civil engineering backgrounds to perform as entry-level engineers in industry, the military, government, or other fields.
- Enter graduate schools in the disciplines of civil engineering or closely related areas, work training programs, self-study programs, military service schools, as well as other areas such as business schools.
- Continue the process of life-long learning as required for long-term personal and professional growth.
- Use their communication, computer, and teamwork skills to help themselves and their employees succeed.
- Recognize their professional and ethical responsibilities to society as members of the professional engineering community.
- Relate their personal and professional lives to moral and ethical practices.
- Bachelor of Science