Parking and Event Instructions
LEXINGTON, Va., May 11, 2018—Numerous events are offered in the final days of the academic year, culminating with commencement on Wednesday, May 16.
Entering Post: For May 14 through 16 events, please follow signs to enter post through the Jordan’s Point entrance. Jordan’s Point entrance opens at 7 a.m. on May 14 and 15, and 7:30 a.m. on May 16. Please do not arrive earlier than these times.
Parking: Parade Ground parking, weather permitting, will be available for all events on May 14 through May 16, with parking beginning at 7 a.m. for May 14 and 15 and at 7:30 a.m. for May 16.
Clearing Barracks: Barracks clearance will be on May 16. The map above shows the traffic pattern for picking up baggage and departing post on May 16. Please follow the direction of employees assisting with traffic management and the police, and please load baggage as quickly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation. The bricks in front of barracks will open to vehicles to pick up baggage at the conclusion of graduation ceremony; however, baggage can be carried to cars parked on the Parade Ground prior to the ceremony.
Here is a run-down of the year-end events:
Monday, May 14: Three events are scheduled for this day. The public is welcome at all of these events; no tickets required. The events this day are:
- 11 a.m. - Institute Awards ceremony, Cameron Hall.
- 2:30 p.m. - Cadet Change of Command/Graduation Parade, Parade Ground.
- 7 p.m. - Baccalaureate, Jackson Memorial Hall.
Tuesday, May 15: Four events are scheduled for this day. All events are open to the public, except for the Superintendent’s Reception, which is only open to 2018 graduates, their parents and guests. No tickets are required for any of the events. The events this day are:
- 9 a.m. - Joint ROTC Commissioning Ceremony, Cameron Hall.
- 2 p.m. - New Market Ceremony and Parade, Parade Ground.
- 4 p.m. - Superintendent’s Reception for the Class of 2018, Moody Hall.
- 7:30 p.m. - Glee Club/Band Concert, Jackson Memorial Hall.
Wednesday, May 16: Commencement is the only public event of the day. Tickets are required.
- 11 a.m. - Commencement, Cameron Hall. Doors will open at 9:30 a.m. for the 11 a.m. ceremony. Entry into Cameron Hall is through the front doors only, and you must have a graduation ticket, including those individuals who have requested handicap seating. The event will also be live-streamed into Gillis Theater in Marshall Hall, which does not require a ticket.