Career Services assists cadets with career planning, career experiences, and employment or graduate education opportunities leading to successful transitions following graduation.
Cadets and Alumni: You can make an appointment through Handshake. Login using your VMI credentials and click on "Career Center" to make an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in hours are Monday - Friday, 0800 - 1630.
Employers: Please email email@example.com to discuss Handshake, Career Fairs, and other employer events.
It is best to take these entrance examinations while you are still at VMI; the scores will stay valid 2-5 years depending on the test.
Mark Your Calendars!
Our spring career fair is currently scheduled for Wednesday, March 2,2022, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 pm.
Registration is open now, and new employers are being added through March 5, 2021. Make sure you have updated your Handshake account, sign-up for your desired employer sessions, and complete your research on each employer to look your most prepared and polished.
COVID-19 Career Support and Resources
Career Services has hosted a series of webinars centered around networking and job hunting in this time of economic uncertainty and increased reliance on digital tools. Highlights of these events have been posted for anyone who was not able to attend.
Job Search, Virtual Interviews, and Networking
These resources will help you navigate how to network and interview online, as well as tips on how to update your job search:
- Interviewing Guide: From the VMI Office of Career Services, this resource provides tips and steps to take to best prepare for an upcoming interview.
- What does the Coronavirus pandemic mean for your job search?: In this article, The Muse provides six job search tips such as digital networking and skills training opportunities.
- 9 Tips for Mastering Your Next Virtual Interview: Harvard Business School gives tips on how to prepare for your virtual interviews.
- How Will Coronavirus Affect Your Job Search in 2020?: This post from VAULT gives an overview of how the coronavirus may affect your job search and some suggestions how how to change your job search strategies.
- Coronavirus And Your Career: How To Effectively Network During A Quarantine: Forbes gives recommendations on how to virtually build and maintain your network.
- 20 Video Interview Tips: The Muse offers 20 suggestions on how to prepare for your Google Hangout, Skype, or Zoom interviews.
- 11 Tips for Video Interview Success: VAULT has 11 tips on how to communicate your value during virtual interviews.
- How to Job Hunt During the Coronavirus Pandemic: Five suggestions from Fortune on how to job search during the pandemic.