The Miller Academic Center facilitates cadets’ academic success and timely progress toward a degree. Toward this mission, the Center
- Identifies and coordinates need-specific learning skills programs to be offered to the Corps, training times will include Dean's Training Times and Academic Saturdays
- Provides advisors the information and training necessary for them to guide their advisees
- Serves as Dean's representative to the S2 by meeting regularly to train and coordinate with them and they lead their peers in learning and support programs.
Academic Saturday Workshops (Primarily for 4th Class Cadets, but others are invited to attend)
- February 23 - How to Read College Textbooks - Location TBA
- March 30 - How to Study and Suggestions for Studying in Small Groups - Location TBA
- April 13 - How to Finish the Semester Strong - Location TBA
- May 4 - Final Exam Prep - Location TBA
If you are interested in attending any of these workshops, contact Maj. Denise Young via email email@example.com or call the Miller Academic Center at (540) 464-7741.
MAC staff is available from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday for individual meetings. Interested cadets may schedule an appointment or drop by. Appointments are encouraged.
The Miller Academic Center values involvement and cooperation with faculty and staff in an effort to better meet the needs of cadets.
- Group Study Session (GSS) cadet leader selection: Faculty and staff provide cadet recommendations for GSS cadet leaders.
- Group Study Session (GSS) faculty team members: Each GSS has a faculty member from the department for that course who serves as a resource both for the cadet leader(s) as well as the Miller Academic Center to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the GSS experience.
- Professional development : The Miller Academic Center provides speakers and seminars for faculty and staff on a variety of topics.
- Enhancement of Miller Academic Center programs: Representatives of departments and programs serve as guest speakers to enhance MAC programs and services such as GSS cadet leader training and Project Success.
- Referrals to the Miller Academic Center: Faculty and staff refer students to the Miller Academic Center.
- Collaborations on various grants and projects: Faculty and Miller Academic Center staff seek opportunities to collaborate.